The Summer School of the AER will take place next 24-28 august 2009 in Valencia, Spain, organised jointly by the AER and the Fundación Comunidad Valenciana - Región Europea.
By bringing together decision makers, officials and young people, the Summer School intends to provide the tools to be able to cope with the challenges of water management.
The members of Wateregio are invited to participate actively via:
- Proposition of speakers and activities.
- Participation of politicians and young people.
- Dissemination of projects in the School plaza (exhibition area).
The Summer School is oriented to regional decision-makers, elected politicians and experts from the different regional and local administrations who are interested in
The contents of the Summer School are grouped in four pools:
• Pool 1. Water management: Regions need to provide innovative strategies to ensure safe water and sanitation for all. The workshops in this pool will tackle the problems faced by policy makers when they define plans and implement infrastructures.
• Pool 2. Water and climate change. The availability of water will change and be affected by the climate. Draughts and floods will be more severe and recurrent. This will affect not only the economy and human life, but also the ecosystems and the biodiversity. The participants will work on research, mitigation and adaptation to climate change, preserving the natural environment.
• Pool 3. Governance and communication. The social involvement is essential to manage water in a sustainable way. The participants will work on legislative and political measures, public participation, education and training, aiming to
• Horizontal workshops: The horizontal workshops will invite the participants to propose their ideas in joint projects dealing with water, global issues and co-operation, and instruments to be
The Summer School will gather experts from all over
If you are interested in receiving more information, please contact email@example.com with your name, region and country and e-mail adress.